Sport BTEC Level 3
Perfect for Students that:
- Are interested in sport.
- Who want to find out more about how the body works in sporting situations and how to
improve its efficiency.
- Who are interested in the history and sociology of sport and why it is organised and
run like it is today.
- Who wish to pursue a career in sport. To include Physiotherapy/Sports Medicine/ Coaching/ Sports Science/ Nutritionist/ PE Teacher.
Description of Course/ Course Structure/ Assessment:
- 360 GLH (guided learning hours)
- Equivalent in size to one A-level
- 4 units
- 3 mandatory units (externally assessed)
- 1 optional unit (internally assessed)
- Topic areas include anatomy and physiology, fitness training, professional development in
the sports industry.
- Unit 1 – Anatomy and Physiology Written paper (1.5 hours)
- Unit 2 – Fitness Training Supervised assessment period – written submission (2.5 hours)*