The Walton Baccalaureate
Last year saw the introduction of the Walton Baccalaureate to Key Stage 3. Please see further details below:
- The Walton Baccalaureate is designed to raise engagement and challenge for our Key Stage 3 pupils. Each department has produced a number of criteria that encapsulate an exceptional learner in their subject in years 7, 8 and 9.
- The criteria for each department can be found by clicking on the links below.
- In each subject, pupils should complete a minimum of three out of the five criteria to be awarded the Bacc in that subject.
- These tasks will need to be completed by mid-June. Pupils will need to have shown/discussed their Bacc work with teachers before this date in order to be nominated.
- Pupils will receive a letter of congratulations for any of the subjects that they complete the Bacc in.
- To achieve the full ‘Walton Baccalaureate’ pupils should aim to achieve the Bacc in 4 subjects. Pupils who complete the Bacc in 5 subjects will have their names placed on the Honours board.